We Are Hiring a new candidate to join out team!
The role of: Gallery and Creative Content assistant offers you a unique insight into the workings of a small gallery where you will be working to serve and sell to our customers alongside having the opportunity to work with our unique collections where you will be acquiring, (sourcing & buying), cataloguing -through our management systems, merchandising and promoting them. You will be responsible for creating and developing creative content for the website, promotional materials and working in an ongoing marketing strategy.
Training will be given on how to use our online systems and manage our online shop as well as have the opportunity to create props and display while learning how to manage installations, deal with artists’ contracts deliveries and understand the workings of programming, marketing and evaluation of our busy schedule of exhibitions. You will be working with all aspects of the business.
The vacancy is between both our The Stratford upon Avon and Birmingham Galleries (depending on need). The role is part time with a view to develop into full time and will include weekend work.
Duties to Include:
– Providing excellent customer service in line with our sales policy
– Helping to promote our designers by learning good standards of presentation and display to represent the artists
– Assisting with the general maintenance and presentation of the online shop and general stock of artists’ work
– Handling monies and keys, stock transactions and transaction devices
– Assisting in social media and online marketing activities
– Creating pictures and developing images for the website
– Photography and editing the assets and uploading
– Maintaining and updating the website.
– Contributing to planning and evaluation, including gathering customer feedback
– Assisting with the development of a creative portfolio of exhibitions with an opportunity to use your own creative influence
– Scheduling and prioritising your own work and ensuring deadlines are met
– Contributing to the Health and Safety of our customers
– Excellent Customer Service skills
– Computer-literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office
– Some experience with photography
– Good understanding of Photoshop
– Strong communication and interpersonal skills
– Some knowledge of the contemporary design/craft arena
– Detailed understanding of social media
– Enthusiastic, confident and committed
– Punctual, reliable and accountable for work undertaken as well as own training goals
– Keen to learn and develop skills, and willingness to embrace change
– Proactive and positive with a can-do attitude to support all aspects of the business from working with world renown artists and designers to cleaning and making the tea
– A flexible approach to working hours to include weekends
– Ability to think independently and work within a team where your contributions will be required to become part of the business profile
To apply please email your CV with a covering email to: email@example.com
Submission Deadline: 24/08/22