Effective from 21st May 2018
By continuing to use our website(s), you are agreeing to our placing cookies on your device in accordance with the terms of this policy.
What this policy covers
This policy sets out:
- what is a cookie
- the cookies used on our website(s);
- how we use those cookies;
- how you can manage cookies;
- third party sites;
- third party advertising; and how to opt-out.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file placed on your device when you visit certain websites. Cookies provide a way for the websites to recognise users and keep track of the users’ preferences (such as login, language, font size and other display preference as well as functional items such as shopping basket lists and wish lists) over a period of time, so users don’t have to keep re-entering them whenever they come back to the websites. cookies perform essential functions to improve a user’s browsing experience.
You do not need to have cookies turned on to visit our website. However, you will need to have cookies turned on if you wish to shop with us. A cookie does not provide us with any personal information.
Who sets cookies?
Cookies may be set by our website(s) or by another site prior to or during your visit to our website(s). These are known as ‘first party’ and ‘third party’ cookies:
- First party cookies belong to the website domain that appears in the browser address bar.
- Third-party cookies belong to website domains different from the one shown in the address bar. Some web pages can feature content from third-party domains (such as banner ads) and these create third-party cookies. We do not place any such content on our website.
How long do cookies last?
Cookies can be placed either for an individual “session” or on a “persistent” basis:
- Session cookies are temporary and will expire at the end of a browser session; that is, when you leave a website. Session cookies allow a website to recognize you and carry information as you navigate between pages during a single browser session and allow you to use the website efficiently.
- Persistent cookies remain in the cookie file of your browser even after you leave a website and after the browser is closed. These cookies remain valid until their set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before the expiry date). These cookies allow a website to collect and analyze (on an anonymous basis) traffic and use of the website, monitor the system and improve operating performance. For example, they enable a website to recognize you on your return, remember your preferences and provide tailored services to you. For more information about cookies, how they work, why they are so useful and how to disable them, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Cookies on our website(s)
You do not need to have cookies turned on to visit our website. However, you will need to have cookies turned on if you wish to shop with us.
We use Google Analytics cookies to obtain an overall view of user habits and volumes, and to help improve the overall experience on our website(s). Google Analytics is a third-party web analysis service provided by Google Inc. (‘Google’), which uses performance cookies and targeting cookies. The information generated by these cookies about your use of our website(s) (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google Inc. on servers in the United States.
This list (together with the rest of this notice) is subject to change from time to time.
You can help control the way cookies operate within our website(s) or through your browser settings.
Managing cookies settings from within your browser
Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, an option you change via your internet browser settings. It may also be possible to configure your browser settings to enable acceptance of only specific cookies or to notify you each time a new Cookie is about to be stored on your device enabling you to decide whether to accept or reject the Cookie. You can also disable cookies by configuring your browser setting to reject all cookies. Please refer to the help section of your browser for instructions on how to manage your cookies settings, or follow the links below:
- Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/cookies
- Google Chrome: https://www.google.com/support/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=95647
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
- Opera: https://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/privacy/
If you do not wish to accept cookies from our website(s) please either disable them or refrain from using our website(s). As noted above, if you disable cookies, you may experience reduced functionality or be prevented from using some or all of our website(s).
Third Party Sites
Opting-out of Third Party Advertising
You have the ability to opt out of many third-party advertisers. For example, you may go to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Consumer Choice Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by DAA companies. You may also go to the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) Consumer Opt-Out Page for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and their choices regarding having information used by NAI members.
Opting out from one or more companies listed on the DAA Consumer Choice Page or the NAI Consumer Opt-Out Page will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our website(s) or other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA or NAI websites, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info or the NAI’s website at www.networkadvertising.org.